Situated between the Atlantic Ocean and the Caribbean Sea, St. Kitts & Nevis is an island country in the West Indies. It is the smallest sovereign nation in the entire Western Hemisphere, both in terms of area and population. The official language spoken in this island is English. It is constituted of different ethnic groups like African, Multiracial, European, Indian and others. It has a constitutional monarchy, with Queen Elizabeth II being the head of state and the prime minister as the head of government. The currency of St. Kitts & Nevis is the East Caribbean dollar and the capital of the nation is Basseterre.
Interesting facts about St. Kitts & Nevis
- St Nevis & Kitts is a dual-island nation made by volcanoes that don’t erupt anymore.
- It is known for its beautiful mountains and white sand beaches.
- It is an abode for crater lakes and rainforest hiking trails.
- The sports with which St. Kitts & Nevis is obsessed is Cricket, and St Nevis & Kitts has its own cricket team.
- Basseterre, the capital of St Nevis boasts of a beautiful stadium updated with modern amenities.
- St. Kitts experiences warm and pleasant temperatures all throughout the year and it’s always a good time to take a dip in the pool.
- St. Kitts & Nevis became an independent state in the year 1983 when they got freedom from the U.K.
- St. Kitts houses the tallest volcano of Mount Liamuiga (at 3792ft), which had erupted more than 200 years ago.
- St. Kitts has a national flower called the ‘flamboyant’ or ‘Royal Poinciana’ which blooms in May and August and paints St. Kitts & Nevis in a beautiful deep scarlet color.
- St. Kitts and Nevis is popularly known as the Sugar City of the Caribbean because of its history of sugar cultivation.
- The carnival is etched in the social calendar of St. Kitts & Nevis, and the St. Kitts & Nevis music festival attracts international tourists every year in June. St. Kitts & Nevis also hosts other exciting carnivals mostly around December and New Year’s Eve.
- There are green monkeys in St. Kitts & Nevis that have been thriving since the 17th century and can still be found on the beaches and roads.
Citizenship by Purchase
With the recent developments in citizenship acts of different regions and the increasing rate of globalization, possessing a second country passport isn’t a novel concept anymore. Citizenship by purchase is an arrangement in which an applicant agrees to invest in a country, whether in real estate, government bonds, or developmental land which is legally approved. The government, in return, grants legal citizenship to the applicant and his or her dependents, providing them with a second passport. The process of obtaining a second passport through citizenship by purchase or citizenship by investment is different for each region and every region has different investment structures.
St. Kitts & Nevis citizenship purchase is the oldest running program that was established in the year 1984. The demand for this citizenship gained momentum because of attractive features like visa-free travel and cut in the Caribbean CBI programs. A large number of investors come from developing economies like India, Russia, Turkey, and the Middle East and gained citizenship by investment Caribbean. However, proper citizenship planning can help you get through the process smoothly.
St. Kitts & Nevis Selling Citizenship
- It takes no more than 3 to 6 months to get citizenship of St. Kitts and Nevis, and it is a quick process
- The program has a clear structure and there are fixed investments to be made by the applicants in order to secure the citizenship of St. Kitts and Nevis.
- St. Kitts & Nevis citizenship purchase is legal and is enshrined in the country’s constitution and stated by the law.
- St. Kitts & Nevis selling citizenship programs with an investment from $250,000 is a low investment as compared to other citizenships. The investment increases with additional applicants and the type of investment. The investment also depends if the applicant wants a return on the capital invested.
- St. Kitts & Nevis offers financial security and privacy to the applicant under the investment program, and won’t necessarily inform the native country about the second citizenship unless asked to do so by the applicant.
- The applicant for citizenship under purchase doesn’t need to permanently stay in St. Kitts & Nevis.
St. Kitts & Nevis citizenship purchase Investment Requirements:
To secure a citizenship by investment in St. Kitts and Nevis, certain investments need to be made, which are given as follows.
- Invest minimum $400,000 in legally approved real estate property which is not inclusive of the government and due diligence fees.
- Make a donation of $250,000 to the government’s public fund. The government fee reduces under this option.
Benefits of St. Kitts & Nevis Citizenship By Sale Programme
There are numerous benefits of the St. Kitts and Nevis citizenship by investment programme, which have led to its increasing popularity over the years.
- An applicant can include his/her spouse and family under the same application.
- An applicant receives full citizenship rights and a legal passport upon completing the procedure.
- An applicant can include his extended family in the citizenship application, for example, parents and grandparents above the age of 55 years who are dependents.
- An applicant can expect to receive the passport within a duration of 4 months and an applicant also has the benefit of accelerating the process and receiving the passport in 60 days of time upon paying an additional fee.
- St. Kitts & Nevis passport enables visa-free travel to 102 countries and visa on arrival to 35 other countries.
- An applicant doesn’t need to meet or maintain any residency obligations for obtaining the passport.
- St. Kitts & Nevis allows dual citizenship, however, applicants should verify the provisions of their native citizenship, whether the native country allows dual citizenship or not.
- It is easy to apply and there is no personal interview, test or assessment to be given by the candidate.
Reasons To Obtain A Second Citizenship
Applicants are allocating budgets for the citizenship by investment programme of St. Kitts & Nevis for various reasons.
- Safeguarding Wealth
Obtaining a second citizenship by investment is a smart strategy to preserve a candidate’s international wealth. The Caribbean has maintained an image of safeguarding the wealth of the applicant and maintaining the secrecy of financial transactions. That’s one of the reasons why St. Kitts & Nevis citizenship purchase has gained popularity amongst the elite and high net worth individuals. An influential person would not want his/her private assets to be known by other countries so as to maintain wealth preservation at all levels.
- Personal Safety And Security
A second citizenship enables an applicant to provide an extra safety net of sorts around his/her own self and family. A second citizenship is always a good investment in case of emergencies and untoward incidents in the home country. The future of politics, religion, and business is never totally secured. A second citizenship provides the safety and security to the applicant to seek refuge whenever the need arises. The Caribbean offers various advantages as a second home country.
- Trade and Business
St. Kitts and Nevis citizenship purchase offers lucrative opportunities around different industries like tourism, agriculture, service, etc. The opportunity to trade, along with EU citizenship provides an opportunity for the applicant to network with international clients, thereby opening avenues for new horizons. A St. Kitts & Nevis citizenship holder has the liberty to travel and trade freely in all the EU nations.
- High Standard Of Living
Citizenship investment programs all over the world provide the benefit to the main applicant to apply for the family members under the same application. Citizenship by investment provides an opportunity to secure the future of the entire family and have lifetime access to excellent healthcare, education and an exceptionally high standard of living.
- Travel Visa-free
St. Kitts & Nevis citizenship purchase has almost no residency obligations to be maintained by the applicant. In addition to no residency restrictions, the applicant and his family members have the privilege to travel visa-free to 102 countries and with visa on arrival to 35 other countries.
Why is the St. Kitts & Nevis citizenship purchase a good choice for second citizenship?
The St. Kitts & Nevis citizenship purchase program has the most affordable citizenship investment program in the Caribbean. St. Kitts & Nevis boasts of a warm and pleasant climate, low investment need, straightforward investments, and no residency obligations to be fulfilled by the applicant. St. Kitts & Nevis selling citizenship with ease and affordable investment has made the country a popular choice for those seeking a second citizenship. It gives an opportunity for the applicant to travel visa-free to the EU and the good news is that the investment has been reduced further to enable more applicants to apply. The St. Kitts & Nevis citizenship purchase can be initiated now by investing only $150,000.
The other reason for investing in St. Kitts & Nevis citizenship purchase is the stability and growth of the economy. It should be noted that many small and medium economies are thriving in the Caribbean with the GDP of the tourism sector increasing every year. It is an increasingly attractive destination for second citizenship with its lush green landscapes and attractive culture. It has a stable and educated workforce that makes it easy to start a new business. Since it’s a small economy, the St. Kitts & Nevis provides a lot of opportunities to the new entrepreneurs to make profitable investments in sectors like service, digital markets, finance, and agriculture. St. Kitts & Nevis also has advanced banking systems which are important for the smooth functioning of any business.
Investment Options for St. Kitts & Nevis Citizenship By Investment
The government of St. Kitts & Nevis has one of the oldest citizenship by investment program that attracts nationals from all over the world to make a direct contribution through investment in real estate which indirectly helps to make a contribution to the economy of the country. An applicant can qualify for citizenship along with his family members and can have access for a lifetime. In 2018, the government effectively introduced the Sustainable Growth Fund (SGF) that enables a person to acquire citizenship at a lower rate of investment through donations.
St. Kitts & Nevis sells citizenship by providing the following investment options:
Investment in Real estate
The investment in real estate is a recoverable investment and a citizen can liquidate this property after maintaining it for a period of 7 years. The minimum real estate investment required by St. Kitts & Nevis citizenship law is $200,000 which has to be maintained for 7 years or $400,000 which has to be maintained for 5 years. These investment values are for single applicants. Once the application is approved the applicant has to pay additional government fees.
- The government fees for the main applicant is $35,047
- The government fees for the spouse of the main applicant is $20,047
- The government fees for any other dependent of the applicant is $10,047 irrespective of the age of the dependent.
Investment in Sustainable Growth Fund
The Sustainable Growth Fund was introduced by the government of St. Kitts & Nevis after the Hurricane Relief Fund. The applicant has to contribute $150,000 which includes government fees. The contribution increases with the number of applicants and the investment for four applicants is $195,000. The Sustainable Growth Fund helps to boost the development of sectors like tourism, healthcare facilities, education, and promoting new and upcoming entrepreneurs.
The contributions for the Sustainable growth fund are:
- The main applicant under this investment program has to invest $150,000.
- If the main applicant includes the spouse and the children the investment is $195,000.
- The investment for each additional dependent is $25,000.
- Investment in SIDF (Sugar Industry Diversification Fund)
St. Kitts & Nevis sells citizenship if an applicant invests in the SIDF investment. This fund was founded mainly to help sugar industry workers gain a strong foot in the market again. The minimum non – refundable contribution under this fund is $250,000 per applicant.
St. Kitts & Nevis Citizenship General Requirements
An applicant needs to qualify for certain basic requirements of health and character to obtain citizenship in St. Kitts & Nevis through the citizenship investment program.
- The applicant has to be of excellent moral character.
- The applicant shouldn’t have any criminal record.
- The applicant should be healthy and disease free.
St. Kitts & Nevis EU Citizenship For Sale
St. Kitts & Nevis is a tiny island in the Caribbean. Just a few years back St. Kitts and Nevis faced a lot of economic disruption and was burdened with large debts. This caused the government to face a challenge of overcoming the debts and accelerating the pace of the economy. It also meant helping the sugar industries regain their position and help the sugar factory workers to have a firm foothold again. It was in the 2000s that more than half of the population lived below the poverty line. It was mandatory for the government to take corrective measures to control the situation that was getting worse every year. It was at this time that the government of St. Kitts & Nevis introduced different programs by attracting foreign direct investment.
The St. Kitts & Nevis EU citizenship by sale programme made the St. Kitts & Nevis passport attractive to the rich and elite and increased the sale of their passports. In other words, St. Kitts & Nevis EU citizenship by sale program increased the export of passports drastically. St. Kitts made a billion dollars in revenue in one year itself through the sale of passports and today the programmes account for more than 25 percent of the GDP. St. Kitts & Nevis EU Citizenship by sale programs offer the super-rich, elite and high-income net worth individuals a golden opportunity to acquire nationalities other than their homeland through second citizenship and investment.
The market for global citizenship by investment programs is on a boom and has become an industry in itself. The costs range from as little as €74,900 to as much as €2.5 million. The affluent people pay this price by directly investing in promising ventures, buying government bonds or by simply depositing cash in exchange for a citizenship. Some countries do not offer direct citizenship but instead, offer “golden visas“ which can eventually lead to citizenship after a period of 5 years.
The St. Kitts & Nevis EU Citizenship by sale require applicants to make investments in real estate or sustainable growth funds and in turn, the citizen is allowed to live in any EU country and travel freely inside the Schengen area. Due diligence on applicants and their sources of wealth and investment are thoroughly scrutinized before the St. Kitts & Nevis citizenship is awarded. Significant time is spent by the government and other firms to ensure the highest levels of security, background checks, and authenticity of information and documents provided to avoid any major corruption risks like money laundering.
The majority of applicants to purchase passports are from China, Russia, or Middle Eastern countries. The business of passport trade has given an opportunity to have visa-free entry and access to all the EU countries with the freedom to trade with international clients and expand business in new territories. Although there is a considerable investment required, once secured, a second citizenship and passport come with lifetime benefits.